Valentine's Day - this perfectly sugar coated concept imagined by Chaucer in the 14th century, only to go unacknowledged until the 19th century when Valentine cards where first mass produced and finally, to be elaborated on by modern day ad men in the hope that we would...stay in love? No, shop more of course. Which we do. Well, just because I'm in love and like pink I'll play along.
1. J. Crew Pleated Jardin Skirt in Heart Throb, to wear as soon as spring arrives
2. Rifle Paper Co. Valentine's Balloon Card, because I simply love balloons
3. Mimi Holliday by Damaris Frappe Lace and Silk-satin Plunge Bra and Briefs, my idea of perfect underpinnings
4. Stockholms Stadmission Stockholmsrosen, a little help for Stockholm's kids and teenagers in need
5. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Le Rouge, a perfect fire-engine red
6. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, an as good as they get classic love story
7. Solange Azagury-Partridge Gold Love Written Ring, to remind me of love every day
- collage by me, I googled 'invention of valentine's day' for the above 'facts'