My father is truly my family's superhero, he is always, always there for us no matter what. We can call him any time, day or night, and be sure he will pick up the phone, listen and answer any question or wondering with brilliance and wit. That is a feat considering he has us four girls and our mother and we are constantly in need of advice. He is also humble, wise and has this amazing stash of fantastic stories from his many adventures all over the world and he tells with new twists every time. We never tire of them. As children our parents read to us every night, Alice in Wonderland, The Secret Garden, Asken Yggdrasil, Eloise and Robinson Crusoe were favorites among others, which I think has fostered all of us to read, read, read and never stop imagining.
My father is also an excellent cook, I can't say I know anyone as great, his Osso Buco is heaven. My mother sometimes says she doesn't see the point in going to restaurants since my father can make everything on the menu ten times better. Maybe that says it all?
1. Nikon 1 V1 camera, for my father the adventurer
2. WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie Narita iPad case, for my father the reader on the go
3. Staub Oval Cast Iron Cocotte, for my father the master chef and family man
4. Summit Grande Ding Dong Bell, for my father and his sometimes crazy biking
5. Jawbone UP, for my father and that hike up the Mont Blanc
6. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque 2002, for my father the champagne connoisseur (2002 is supposed to be a great year)
- bottom left picture here, collage by me. PS. This is last week's X-mas list, I'm sorry about the delay.